PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 16:05
LookingNorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, 3 hours driving there and back to an airshow barely worthy of the name and the only thing I wanted to see being towed into the static park when I arrived. Cheers

mark36 - 4 members of groundcrew and a member of Her Majesty's Finest Nautical Burger Eating (and Fire Fighting) Service were all on hand at the aircraft answering lots of questions around midday... and had been there for ages, visibly suffering in the heat. One of them said the filth had even been called to deal with an overly exuberant member of the crowd that was attempting to extract satisfaction from a young female volunteer at the "Village" thing (it doesn't look much look a village?).

S**t airshow, more dead air than flying, and massed ranks of Cessnas to lull you to sleep while you walk the lines of "win a duck" and "crap sweeties for sale" stalls... no disrespect to the light blue but talk about hanging an airshow on a single act... that grey lumpy bizjet spiralling up while I was queuing to get in was class though. Still, "Little Johnny" was happy as he got to go inside a plastic Chinook. I'm sure he's "special"...