PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 14:59
SaturnV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three more images.

The first is the meteorological data reported by EU0046, which had AMDAR installed. AMDAR reports basic meteorology every seven or eight minutes. EU0046 flew through this thunderstorm complex about 30 minutes prior to AF447, at 32,500 feet. (To me, the track looks to be a bit to the left of AF447.) BEA and France Meteo have superimposed the track of EU0046 as of 0206 hours on the satellite image for 0152 hours. As I read the explanation en francais, the text in the box is representative of the CB at 0144 at that position. "La position de l’observation la plus représentative de l’amas est celle de 1 h 44 TU matérialisée par un carré"

(I am guessing that EU is LAN Ecuador.) The BEA report states that BEA has not completed its interviews with the crews of flights other than IB, LH, and AF that flew this route that night, so there presumably will be further reports of actions taken (deviations) or not taken.

The second image is duration of the coldest temperatures at the top of the CB complex. The abscissa is time from 0007 to 0207. The ordinate is temp in C.

The third image is the areal extent of various temperature levels within thin the CB complex. The ordinate is 1000 sq km, the abscissa is time from 0007 to 0207.