PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 07:22
Thor Nogson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cows,

I agree with you, but I think that this comment

Originally Posted by Cows getting bigger
All that is required from the MOD is acknowledgement that this burden of proof was not met.
And this one

Airworthiness is a valid issue that needs highlighting as it extend across the MOD fleets and ZD576 (like Nimrod and C130) should be used as an example of this systematic failing.
Are not consistent.

If the aim is the former, if the MOD finally get around to it, they'd say something like:
"Having reconsidered the verdict, although we still believe in the conclusions of the original reviews, there is not quite enough certainty to uphold the verdict of Gross Negligence, so this is overturned. We hope we can all draw a line under the sad events of that day and move on."
It would probably be better for the MOD if HMG (i.e. David Cameron) came in and told them to rescind the original verdict. The MOD wouldn't have to change their POV at all, they could just say

"We still stand by everything, but we've been instructed to overturn the verdict. Case closed."

In either case, all the
PRC112 LZs, breakfasts, met briefs, or little green men. Airworthiness.
concerns will be set aside.

To be honest, I'd be happy enough with that, but I don't think some others will be. My concern (for them), is that closure for the pilots would undermine their quest to see radical changes in regulation, investigation and review.

Just my 2p.

TN

p.s. Walter. Although the you present a coherent set of circumstances, and even if it is true, I can't see the MOD admitting they have been lying for all this time. And if it was a state sanctioned murder as you go on to postulate, I think there is even less likelihood of anyone admitting to that!

Last edited by Thor Nogson; 4th Jul 2009 at 07:34.