PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 21:59
Flaite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the advice guys, dont think I dont appreciate them and Im not ignoring the warnings, but I stand to what I said and here are the facts:
I make $56000 a year after taxes and I have to pay for everything including housing, education and medical which are all the most expensive in the region.
Benefits?...yeah, I have a 10% discount at the gym. Im treated like a number, cant choose my roster and it can be almost completely modified, so no much planing in your personal life here. In our off days, we get "invited" to meetings with management, classes of diferent sort or even called to fly because "theres no one else". Although its illegal, I couldnt take a single day of vacation in more than 2 years and then, all of a sudden, they forced me to take 15 days and I couldnt even choose the date! -"after this flight, your on vacation"-
The city is one of the most contaminated ones in the world, Im afraid of living in a house because crime runs rampant here, so we had to rent an apartment with private security... oh, did I mention that I was "indefinitely unfit for command" because I was in EKs successful pool?...yes, those were their exact words.
So my friends, you are not at the bottom of the food chain. The third world is big and has many faces.