PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 21:26
Badhorsey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forum Newbie said
......"I made up my mind a few months ago but had many friends who studied for the interview, took time off, made the trip with their wife and kids, did well in the interview, went back home and waited, got the offer letter and told to wait, waited, waited, and waited,...and then told that they were not selected. I sincerely hope that noone from hr had to go through the ups and downs of so many that not only told their families about their career progression, but now has to re-explain why they are no longer qualified."

Very well put FN, That is exactly how it's been with my family. It was very difficult telling my young children they wouldn't be going to have the fantastic adventure I'd promised them in Dubai, it's also very humiliating having to answer the "I thought you were going to Emirates " statement. Some people of course were delighted at my apparent failure.

I know of several fellow Poolies that did not receive the EK re-apply email yesterday, so they are still going through this.