PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 19:57
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't the terminal designed to cope with around 5m passengers pa and now it is operating at over 10m?
Question, how does the council avoid a public enquiry which would delay the building of a terminal with a capacity in excess of 10 million passengers?

Answer, tell everyone that it has a capacity of only 5 million which was passed in the year the terminal opened.

There were questions asked at committee meetings when Luton passed 5 million passengers but the terminal still appeared to be half empty.

It was only in 2004 that the 1st floor of the terminal was brought into service together with its pier.

Changing the subject it looks like even more yellow signs have gone up stating that there is a charge to drop off and that the midterm has 60 minutes of free parking.

Got to say that tonight at 18:30 there were plenty of cars going in and out of the car park. The drop off zone was congestion free but there were still plenty of cars parked up in the zone. The wording that states that there is a £80 fine for staying more than 10 minutes is in very small writing and the few drivers I mentioned it to were horrified when I pointed out the number plate readers at either end. I wonder if the airport will be sending out the fines or just warning letters?

PlanetSKI | News | Tempers flare at Luton

Last edited by LTNman; 3rd Jul 2009 at 20:28.