PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 19:57
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do hope that prospective joiners will note both the impassioned warnings from present EK pilots and also the sincerity of the well-wishes if you do choose to disregard the multiple warnings.

The statement that there are "much, much worse airlines than Emirates" can only come from one who is not working here. Think of this for a second...there are more than a few who have worked both for seemingly every bottom-feeder out there before Emirates. Why then are even those pilots trying to warn people away? How bad does it have to be before working for this outfit seem desirable? It's all about perception I suppose. If your life is truly in danger at your present gig due to people shooting at you or horrendous maintenance, I can see the appeal. But for 99% of those with CV's on file at EK...it WILL be a step backwards. In time - a few hundred years. In mentality. In lack of basic human civility. This place is a moral, human rights, environmental, industrial relations cesspool. If you can swallow hard and accept that, fine. But there's more to adjusting to life in the Middle East than the heat.

Good luck to all!