PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 18:48
forum newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the staff of EK that tossed people's careers and lives for 18 months, i sincerely hope that you are happy with your decisions.

I made up my mind a few months ago but had many friends who studied for the interview, took time off, made the trip with their wife and kids, did well in the interview, went back home and waited, got the offer letter and told to wait, waited, waited, and waited,...and then told that they were not selected. I sincerely hope that noone from hr had to go through the ups and downs of so many that not only told their families about their career progression, but now has to re-explain why they are no longer qualified.

People like cosmo will come on these boards and tell you how wonderful ek is, but the fact remains...ek will sell a pilot downstream in order to save that extra dirham. This pool ordeal is a microcosm of the value that ek would have placed on you as a pilot. For you poolies, this is a blessing in disguise. Imagine the ordeal of the last 18 months and then foresee how much ek would have valued you when you signed on the dotted line.

I feel bad for you poolies but the economy will pick up, hiring will continue, and you will atleast have individual rights, christmas with the family, and an employer that will be defined by rules and a contract.

Something has to be said when 90% of the pilots that work for an airline tell you to not join. No amount of money or villa can replace the degrading treatment of a professional. Best of luck to those who join and i sincerely hope that you are treated fairly.

fb