PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Help Please: Oxford Aviation Assessment/Aptitude
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 15:32
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thebeak
A) I think you're not far off in your assessment of RaphaBAs post
B) I generally think you write pretty intelligently and with decent insight
but
C)
It's people like you, with your blatant disregard for finances that is ruining this industry. It's either because you don't understand 'big numbers' or because you have a 'rich daddy'. Some people just can't comprehend tens of thousands of pounds and don't even think about the level of debt they get themselves into
Is perhaps opening yourself right up. IIRC, you are what, 24? At 24 it's HIGHLY unlikely you paid for your training yourself - so perhaps you took a loan, or perhaps someone lent you/gave you/left you the money. Either way, doesn't smell like too different a beast from your accusation of Rapha there...

Rapha. One thing to be bullish about the prospects, but understand that by the time you graduate, there'll be two years worth of unemployed grads, plus all those that have lost their jobs in the lean times looking. all of those will either have hours, or have been building hours and experience. This doesn't mean you won't find a job ahead of any of them....but Thebeak is right, you will find there is a hell of a lot of competition for those jobs that are there....and before you say anything about "...doing really well at FTO and getting a recommendation"...In my class, there was NO ONE who did badly - and the FTO has already stated that recommendations will go to those who have been out the longest. Make no mistake of how hard it will be....