PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 14:50
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Chopper69 you said and I quote "Buster the whatevers constant anti-STN tirade f**ks me off". Why do you read my posts, all are factual and accurate, maybe the truth hurts?

Come the BAA's 'Fire Sale' of Stansted, let us see how long it takes the new owner to commit Runway 2? Anyway, London's third airport should have been at (Bear)Cub-lington! Mr 1 Bravo might agree

At the time HM Govt policy prevented LBC and other local authorities from borrowing (adding to the PSBR) to improve their airports. Had the rules been different back in the mid to late 1980's, Luton would have emerged from that period radically different and so would many other regional airports. The BAA albeit a 'public' company was not saddled with this decree. Mr Relic knows as well as me, the financial handcuffing that prevented Luton from growing back then, in fact the proposals for a new runway, tinminal and associated stands south of the existing runway drawn by the current airport operator, looked very similar to designs that existed 30 years ago.

Anyway, I am really rather proud that my posts wind some folk up!

I recently flew into Gatwick and I parked close to the south terminal. It took 1 hour and 50 minutes from arriving on stand to reaching my car and Gatwick was not particularly busy. Any comments about access at Luton make me smile.