PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple routers for wireless connection?
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 14:26
Cameronian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple routers for wireless connection?

I don't want to raise any hackles unnecessarily but to explain my problem I have no alternative but to say that I have a very big house.... I have a router in my office downstairs and my main PC connects with a wire. Visitors come and go with their laptops and have no problem with wireless connection if they are in a room nearby my office but they often want to connect from their bedroom, which might be 50 yards away, or from the terrace and there are nearly always connection problems.

We've tried external antennae but have gained little that way.

I have a cupboard full of wireless routers from companies whose services we have abandoned over the years. Could I get better coverage by connecting one or more of them to strategically located telephone outlet points around the house? Would they interfere with each other or would they just give any user a list of possible conections even though they all ultimately link to the same supplier? Would my supplier object - or even realise? If there are no technical issues, how would I adjust (program?) these routers from different companies to play the game?

Thank you, John.