PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lying about TT on CV
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 12:45
John R81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking as an employer, UK, UK employment law in mind here; if I want to get rid of someone and can show that they made false statement on application then I have cause for dismissal.

(Ommission is not the same - so if you don't put any TT details and employer doesn't ask then ho harm, no foul. Understating TT is not omission it is the commission of a knowingly incorrect fact; an act specifically undertaken to increase your chance of getting the job.)

I also wonder - if the employee wanted to push the point and I wanted to get nasty- how they would answer the accusation of "gaining pecuniary advantage from the dissemination of false information" - which is a criminal law "theft" charge used frequently to deal with falsification on mortgage applications, etc.

Needs must, we all have to eat / pay rent. I don't urge you to do or not do (it is your life, your choice) but be aware that false information on application puts all the aces in the employer's hands. They may love you / ignore the CV but if they want to get rid of you then you just gave them the route.