PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheddington / Halton
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 10:35
mikehallam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't reproduce the area map on this forum, but if you e-mail me I can send it to you directly. However it's possibly just as quick to call them and get the current state of affairs. The guy I was in touch with flies a Pulsar out of there.

Mike Hallam.

CHEDDINGTON, BUCKS.
Fly-in and see “The Cheddington Wildlife” in their natural habitat! See them welcoming visitors. Try their courtesy transport to the hangar. Look at the size of their balls (oo er!). Munch their burgers! Have a nice day!

Cheddington is a former WW2 USAF airfield and the strip forms part of the original airfield. A grass runway has been laid, of ample size for all, but across the south western approach are 30 foot high power cables, marked with orange balls. Collision with these would definitely ruin your day, so keep a good look out. Please also note trees at other end.

Cheddington is in an area used for PPL training, the Dunstable gliding club is very active and is under the Luton CIA/SRA. Aircraft traveling north or south tend to pass to the west of Luton controlled airspace, making extra vigilance very necessary.

CHEDDINGTON AIRSTRIP: 510 50’ 10”N 00 40’ 09”W
HEIGHT: 300ft AMSL. RUNWAY: Grass 06/24
RUNWAY LENGTH: Approx 650yards
CIRCUITS: 24 Right Hand, 06 Left Hand
DO NOT OVERFLY ANY NEIGHBOURING VILLAGES AS THE AREA IS VERY NOISE SENSITIVE!
RADIO: NIL (Contact Luton on 129.55).
FUEL: NIL (Available at Cranfield, Wycombe or White Waltham.)
TELEPHONE:Roger Watts 07721391551 mob 01296481402 phone fax Nigel Huxtable on 0525 220242 for further information.
NO ARRIVALS BEFORE 10.00 AM PLEASE.
DON’T FORGET THE POWERLINES AT THE SOUTH WESTERN END OF THE RUNWAY!

Please note that your arrival at Cheddington by any means is totally at your own risk No actions by any person at Cheddington will constitute a contract of any kind. YOUR RISK MEANS JUST THAT.