PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructor Course as a Placeholder
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 07:20
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
instructing

My personal opinion. Dont do the instructor rating. Instructing is something you should be quite passionate about ,or as a minimum, show some real enthusiasm for. To get any return out of the instructor rating you really need to put a few years into it, and get the Grade 1,the IFR training, and accompanying multi engine flying. If you are having doubts now, then you probably wont be able to stick it out with enthusiasm for 2 or 3 years. All the best whatever you do. Cheers. By the way, i suggest that you ensure you stay involved through whatever means you can. The industry is littered with guys that left to do another job for a year or so, and never come back. Personally i think you would be better pulling beers near an airport in a remote area rather than go into an IT job etc. in a capital city, where the city lifestyle and the more attractive income could make you lose your focus. Better to be toughing it out waiting for the break that WILL come.

Nothing personal Stationair, but i have to disagree. As a CFI its great having more experienced guys around. That way i get to keep learning, and its great to still be able to go to the staff for advice and guidance.

Last edited by glenb; 3rd Jul 2009 at 07:24. Reason: little bit on the end to defend CFIs