PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar DEC
Thread: Jetstar DEC
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 21:17
king320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar DEC

Hello all,

I was called at home by Jetstar in Jan last year (2008) asking me if i was interested in working for the company as a Captain on the A320.
Since I am an Australian Citizen with an Australian CASA A320 Endorsed Licence; I agreed to attend an interview in Melbourne in March 2008.

I passed the interview and J*sent me a Contract and papers to sign and return and offered me to start in Sept 08 as a first officer A320 with upgrade to captain after a successful left hand seat Check.
One fine day in the end May 2008 I received an e-mail from pilot recruitment stating that my start date has been postponed.
I called pliot recruitment and was told that most likely I was supposed to then start at the end of 2008.

Nothing has happened yet since and I have been waiting for a year for an answer in writing from J* Pilot recruitment but they will not commit.
I feel that I have been given the run around.

My position is very frustrating bec I feel completely in limbo about my future.
It seems that J* WERE very desperate for CAPTAINS when they called me and were even hiring South African Nationals and arranging for Visas.
It seems that they do not want any more Capts and do not want to honour the contract they signed and sent to me.

What kind of people am I dealing with ?

Is there anybody out there who is in the same situation as I am ?????