PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Oakley fatal accident
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 18:14
Saab Dastard
Spoon PPRuNerist & Mad Inistrator

Received 290 Likes on 184 Posts
Phil Space,

Your disingenuous response does you no credit.

What you actually posted was this:

Great Oakley fatal accident

Now identified as

[Name]
FRINTON-ON-SEA
ESSEX
Nowhere did you say "this is not necessarily the pilot", or "this is just the registered owner".

The obvious intention was to name the deceased. At the time your post was made I could find no on-line news source indicating that the name had been made public - indeed from today's Harwich and Manningtree standard:

He was not expected to be named until the end of this week, after a post-mortem had been carried out and an inquest opened and adjourned.
Just because the family has been informed does not mean that you can publish the name.

I find your unseemly haste to "be the first" to publish chapter and verse on accident victims quite distasteful.

I also find your attempts to justify your actions when you are clearly in the wrong to be rather pathetic.

Any accident will attract comment, speculation and debate. That is PPRuNe's raison d'etre and lifeblood. However, such incidents can be discussed with respect for those affected, living and dead - and that includes not releasing privileged information simply for the "satisfaction" of being seen as the first to do so.

You seem to have a track record in overstepping the mark.

Please refrain from doing so.

SD