PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doom, Gloom & Depression
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 15:16
350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, the bit where I got pissed off
Sorry if I pissed you off, perhaps you missed the disclaimer at the top of my first post? Some of my original post was FACT, some my personal OPINION and the rest playful SARCASM...perhaps I was too subtle.

My short and sweet paragraph regarding industry and training was my way of summarising the numerous discussions in the '...upturn upon us' thread. I am well aware of industry issues, having read all of IATA's reports, and the topic of integrated training and it's cost's is well documented. My statement was simply how many dooms dayers call it. Notice how I just chucked it in at the end of my post and note the comments regarding evil debt, normal job and a pension so you could just afford Sky when you retire. I am pessimistic but regardless of everything I am going to actually start integrated training soon! I would rather take the risk, train now, find a way to survive after graduating and work my way into the industry when growth returns.

I like WWW and co schooling wannabes, telling them they have no chance because it ultimately reduces competition. I'm also conscious that property values have dropped (less equity), savings are low, banks aren't keen to lend and consequently less people can afford to train. Once again, this reduces competition. It could also be argued that more people will undertake modular training to reduce costs and that this *could* possibly give those brave/rich/stupid ones that paid out for integrated, an edge.

given - by your own admission - you haven't ever had a proper job
I'll stop you there, I worked in shipping for a year. Office life sucks, fact. Why do you think I want to be a pilot lol.

/offering my expertise

JB- Go for it, so long as I get my last meal of beans on toast! lol