PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doom, Gloom & Depression
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 14:44
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350Z,
Much of what you say is actually pretty much 100% in accordance with my own views.
However, the bit where I got pissed off, is this:

Just a quick note regarding the airline industry and integrated flight training; it's wrecked and don't do it! There are NO jobs with airlines, they are cutting capacity quicker than anything, there is a huge pilot surplus especially now that it's possible to work longer before retiring. Flight training will financial and mentally cripple you

Please explain, given - by your own admission - you haven't ever had a proper job, you aren't finished - or even IN - flight training yet and you haven't had any real world experience of life under any other government than the current labour monkey shop, precisely why your opinion should be taken even remotely seriously?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say you're entirely incorrect, but half the reason we're in this mess is because people have acted on advice from people that don't have any basis to make the assertions they do. Be very careful offering expertise in anything, when you have no expertise to offer...