PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Language Qualification At Level 6
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 14:08
Pronto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose-X, that was exactly where I started! I got the letter from the CAA the day before I was due to fly a 2-year instructional flight. The instructor is a CRI who said - and it seems correctly - he wasn't qualified to do the check (though one of the documents I'd seen at that stage suggested that instructors who'd been assessed could). He went on to say that he didn't know anyone who was qualified - at that time - to do the check.

I'm assuming that you're an examiner as the list of classes of people who are qualified - as supplied by the CAA in their last email - were all examiners. As I mentioned at the outset, my club no longer offers ab initio training and I've never seen the examiner (I think we do still have one, just in case we start ab initio again).

Over two years later, I'm still trying to find somebody who can certify that at approaching 51-years-of-age and nearly 25 years flying, I can speak my native language without having to pay for the privilege, either by going to a language school or taking (an already scarce) day off work ...

So far as what you get on your licence (or not, as the case may be), this is immaterial. I like having things straight and legal. That way, if anything goes wrong, at least it removes a possibile source of criticism from the ensuing investigation!