PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doom, Gloom & Depression
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 12:34
flying_highover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're being a bit melodramatic.

Things are bad but if you step back and look at the big picture it's more normal than you may think. Things got out of hand, prices have to come down. It was unsustainable. But the cycle goes round and things will pick up.

It's very easy to look at trends, assume they will continue as such and then look at one's own personal aspirations and become very depressed.

If you look at how prices have dropped and how wages have either stayed the same or dropped you'll probably find the price of goods have fallen further. That's good. It means more spending power. Cold comfort to those that have no jobs but for recovery it's necessary. Politicians and business leaders aren't sitting on their laurels. They are adjusting the system that will enable growth.

You say there's a surplus of pilots. There's a surplus of everything. I bumped into a recently qualified lawyer I know working in a bar.

You sound like a man that needs to go with the flow a little more. You'll look back in years and regret getting so strung up over this. Have sex, get drunk and go surfing. It'll give you a more balanced view of things...