PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doom, Gloom & Depression
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 12:16
350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah you're right, the world is coming to an end so we best all go hide in the bunker for the next decade then ay?!?!
I did actually feel this way at one point! WWW made me buy a shotgun, some beans and dig a whole in the garden!

2W2R, my original expectations were very high; I actually thought I was going to walk into a grad job in the city earning £30k straight from uni! My life has taken some unexpected turns in the last year and a half, I am in fact going to start flight training before the end of the year I expect to graduate into a market with few, if any, job opportunities! (no change there then) However, you have to start somewhere and I have re-adjusted my goals and decided to think long term!

I am glad that you are managing your training and finances appropriately. It seems you have a good mental outlook, I am somewhat pessimistic by nature unfortunately and I seriously over think everything! It's all about being happy now!

Have you ever thought that it is in fact in all of our interests to discourage potential flight training candidates and bad mouth the airline pilot profession? I for one truly believe the job isn't what it was and that training now or any time soon is one BIG expensive mistake!!

...Sorry for spouting this nonsense