PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doom, Gloom & Depression
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 11:55
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.....that was intense reading!

Oh and to those that will post figures relating to positive news and a possible economic recovery; don't be silly, happy talk will not turn things around!
Yeah you're right, the world is coming to an end so we best all go hide in the bunker for the next decade then ay?!?!

350Z it would seem your own dreams sadly haven't materialised 350Z and if that is the case then I'm very sorry to hear that. Honestly I am.

However.......being depressed and unhappy is one thing but please don't presume that we're all in the same state. You say you're happy but if you were would you really feel the urge to come on hear and spout all this nonsense about depression, evil debt ruining our lives and being financially and mentally crippled???? I think not. I think that the guys and girls on here are well able to see the economy for what it is right now, and infact don't need yet another person ramming the blindingly obvious down their throats!

I well know and agree with all the things you said about the UK Government, they're a joke and Greedy Gordie wants shooting, quick!

However, similar to the afore mentioned happy thoughts, whinging and whining about it isn't going to make things better either! The need for making sensible, informed, realistic and mature decisions regarding training has never been more crucial. But that's all it is. I'm in a large amount of debt from training but don't feel mentally or finacially crippled. I've now chosen to put my training on hold for a while and go back to work so that I can afford the repayments and do my IR at a time which will give me the least rust when recruitment starts again.

I've adopted my own (probably not unique) approach to handling the pressures of flight training and financial responsibility in times of economic poo, here goes..........some day long into the future when I'm sitting there in the cruise and number 1 engine bursts into flames what am I going to do......

A) Panic, scream and whinge that my day has turned to **** and all is lost???

OR

B) Calmly, sensibly and briskly assess and deal with the situation???

Maybe a personal choice but I'll stick my neck out and say that in my book any pilot should be thinking option B. So if that's that way I would approach an airborne dilemma, why not approach the one on the ground in the same way???

Just my 2 penneth worth anyway. I don't man this to sound as a battering 350Z....but whilst the economy is **** you've still got you're health and things WILL improve sooner or later.

Have a great afternoon all.

2W2R