PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Services Australia versus NATS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 11:41
1208PUNK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Services Australia versus NATS

Hi I have just completed Air Services Australia recruitment process and thankfully I have been successful and placed on the order or merit scheme. Can anybody tell me if they have experience of this? You are pulled off it into the ATC trainee school but as to when they have not informed me.

If anybody wants help with the processes/stages involved and questions asked at general interview/ behavioural interview stage please reply with your email as I have a huge amount of information and detail saved with regards to the processes I was involved in both in the UK and Australia!

Whilst I was awaiting my decision on this I came back to the UK and tried out for NATS though I failed at the stage just before the interview where you completed computer testing and deal with flight progress strips etc? I was so confident I had passed this stage (out of all ATC tests I have done) I even begun preparing for the interview then to my dissappointment I got news I had failed. I requested some feedback but NATS have since not replied to any of my emails....my friend also who works in London for NATS has given me the general feeling that NATS is not exactly the best company in the world of ATC management to work for-can others explain why?

Anyway I hope I am making the correct decision heading out to Australia to begin a career in ATC (provided I pass the traineeship)!

Also can anybody on this forum tell me if ATC assistants exist ie those who assist ATCs in their normal operations?

Thanks