PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - White Waltham
Thread: White Waltham
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 11:16
drambuster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps WW could look at their constitution and perhaps afford "Day-Membership" for a fee, to those showing a pilot's license in their name*

As a former Yacht-club member, we were automatically affiliated to the RYA and could expect acceptance at any other RYA affiliated sailing establishment, anywhere.
CS - that is a very good idea. As a member at White Waltham I will suggest to the committee that they consider something along these lines. For example I think that anyone carrying AOPA membership should be allowed in as a guest without payment, but up to a maximum number of visits per year (say four times). If they like it and wished to return more often then we would be delighted if they joined !

This would need to be restricted to AOPA members only and, say, one partner just to ensure we were not overun. As far as the general members are concerned, we would be delighted to have pilots such as Kerdunker dropping in from time to time as it is very much a pilot oriented club and we have a shared love of all things aviation related. As mentioned, I will speak to several of the committee members and report back here when I get any news !

There is currently absolutely no problem for general members of the public to access 'Ops' to enquire about flying. I regularly see this happening and if they are enthusiastic they end up staying for twenty minutes or more chatting with one of the instructors about the whole experience. It's just that they can't come in and use the club facilities if they are not actually progressing an interest in flying.

Drambuster