PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 11:11
hurn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tempsford
I was at Biggin today and when it was announced that the Vulcan would not be appearing, there was a notable number of spectators who left. Not 'well more fool them' it is a fact!
I'm sure it is fact. But if people are shelling out £20 to see a show and then leaving because one aircraft doesn't turn up then I still say more fool them.
Its their choice of course, but if I wanted to just watch the Vulcan I'd go camp outside Brize.

Please do not patronise the paying public is such a way because without their patronage there would not be a future for any of the aircraft on the airshow circuit and not just the precious Vulcan.
Funnily enough, I AM one of the paying public, and I DO donate money to keep the Vulcan flying. I'm certainly no aviation expert, merely an enthusiast.
However unlike many of the 'must have it now!' British public types, I can understand that things DO go wrong.
As much as 100% serviceability is desired, it'll probably never happen with such a large old aircraft. Its disappointing but that's life, and I still manage to enjoy the show I've paid to see.

To end on a lighter note, the latest engineering update has been posted: Vulcan To The Sky News