PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI Course Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 09:30
geordiejet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice....

So, I have a dilemma. I've always wanted to be be a flight instructor. I've been completing my FI(R) over the last year (I completed course, partialled and for a number of reasons I've not been able to resit yet).

Just wondering if there is much point right now? It will cost be the best part of £1000 to do some pre-test flying and the actual test. I've an interview to be cabin crew on a 12 month contract, but I have to pay for the cabin crew course (which the FI(R) money could go towards) and don't want to get into any more debt.

My intentions would be to fly as cabin crew for the year and hopefully once the market picks up (whenever that will be) there will be full time FI jobs once the currently employed ones move into/back to the airlines at a later date.

So my question is really, although I have my course completed (with the paperwork to go with it), is there a limit between completing the course, and doing the test? Just getting a bit down at the fact that it's four years next week since I began training, and still stuck in dead end IT helpdesk work and not involved in aviation at all :-(