PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots will not be armed... (merged)
Old 22nd May 2002, 19:52
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Security is still in the BandAid stage. Folks really dont know what the hell to do and who to allow to do it. Things of yesterday are gone forever. The US Army never had locks on Aircraft until some idiot stole a helicopter and drove it to the White House. Within a week, all in the inventory had keyed ignition and locked doors that a teenager could open....
So it is with Guns. As for me, if I were in heavy Iron, I would probably settle for a nice sawed off shotgun. Something with a good load to kick Al Quiada's ass back through first class.
In reality though, I think a compromise as to let those who want to be, and can qualify, carry a weapon.... Let the terrorists try to figure out who is not armed....
As to non lethal stuff someone mentioned MACE. Now that will certainly do the trick. Everyone goes blind.. Where are these folks coming from...
As one who flys as a passenger when not doing part 135, I can agree with someone elses comment. Should one of our Al Quiada brethern even appear to head for the cockpit, Im going to drop him like a bad habit. Hopefully with help and guarnteed, We will be the only ones to give a statement after all is said and done....

Last edited by PPRuNe Radar; 27th May 2002 at 23:07.