PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Pilot Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 06:41
NOBBY NOBOV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management Source ??

'crewrest'

Where did I say that it was a 'management pilot source' ?? I will not reveal my sources, but this one is again impeccable, but not VS management.

It is hardly 'spouting company confidential' - have you seen Sky and BBC news recently ?!!

Whilst it is very sad news for all concerned, Branson has tried very hard to pull the wool over the eyes of the travelling public about the state of his company. The question remains, if VS are so 'well placed' as he recently claimed, then why make 600 staff redundant including approx 20% of your pilots ?

There has always been a tendency on this forum for some people to knock the likes of BA/CX/AA etc and 'protect' the smaller niche carriers like VS. In addition I have witnessed some very selective moderating with regard to any story about VS that does not fit the image.

I am afraid that times are changing, VERY rapidly, and no amount of spin will pull RB out of this PR hole that he has dug for himself. As I said earlier, good luck to all. Very difficult times.