PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 06:29
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And qantastrike, you ALWAYS buy Australian to support the good old Aussie worker even if the product is of higher price and lesser quality ? Nothing foreign made in your house.

Why not ban everyone except QF and BA from the kangeroo route. Both carriers could agree on a $3500 LHR/SYD economy return fare with no undercutting. Should be enough to maintain all the union agreements and payscales, on both sides. Ban foreign cars as well, make everyone buy Ford or Holden. No more clothing imports, get the textile industry back up again.

Exactly as Dropt McGutz says regarding tax and depreciation, though SQ do turn the fleet over at a relatively young age where as QF kept the 747 classics a bit too long.

All I doing is pointing out what you have to compete with. Look at the state of British Airways at the moment. Massive pension defecit and asking staff to work unpaid.

BTW. As an f/o I'm financially about the same as a Captain in J*/Virgin/Tiger Australia and can pay for the level of service I want. With the recent number of QANTAS incidents you're not really in a position to lecture on safety are you ?