PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Gratuity
Thread: RAF Gratuity
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 06:11
Dominoe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Check the figures

Thanks for the reply.

I left under a PVR and had previously checked my figures with the on line calculator. My pay was perhaps slightly unusual, in that I was being paid a rank above the one I actually wore. Having said that, I was informed by the (excellent) Forces Pension Society that the amount quoted appeared incorrect. Perhaps it was the difference between my rank/paid rank. But surely the system uses the your best pay from the last five years? They then sent a letter to Glasgow on my behalf.

My gratuity was paid approximately 10 days after leaving and my pension paid on time - albeit a lesser amount than that expected.

I only received official confirmation of the amount to be paid once I had actually left. During this time I had also crossed into a new pay rise.

My colleagues pension/gratuity was also incorrect (for reasons I do not know).

My main point was, it's definitely worth checking very carefully. As for informing everybody - thats what I have hoped to achieve by posting on this open forum. It would be a worrying thought if this had happened (unknowingly) to many others....... Is that a black Sedan I see on the horizon?