PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VBA + AIR or AIZ (Air New Zealand)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 05:27
tech-line

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think the tie up would be nothing short of good business sense. ANZ already do the heavy checks for VB/PB alot of the mods and offers them good value for money or why would VB send a/c to NZ?
can you think of a better way of getting into a bigger market an AOC and excellent route rights?
hasn't VB/VOZ got rights to SA now if it wants pending delivery of the 777's?
add connecting flights to LOndon which ANZ already have slots for, maintenance and pilot and cabin crew based there and you have around the world connections to OZ and NZ. Links to the star alliance and Virgin Atlantic. This would be a formidable challenge for the flying rat and all this with a very young fleet and excellent choice in aircraft 777 200 and 300ER's of which ANZ start recieving this year to my belief.
What can QF offer aging 747 tired 767 and a few A380's.
Can Jetstar take the whole industry on with a couple more 330's?
the rich middle eastern carriers offering very high quality service to Europe erroding market share and now VOZ, ANZ UAL and very soon DELTA all to be operating the pacific.
With all this I think the tie up would be a huge benefit for VB as they will be able to use what ANZ already have in place much like what Jetstar does with QF.
ANZ could then offer single tickets and connections and frieght all over OZ
Just my opinion