PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 23:40
BongleBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't we just be left alone?!

Right.

Someone please tell me who asked BALPA to get involved? I have said it before on this site (and have been accused of being management for it) and I will repeat it: the vast majority of my colleagues are happy in their jobs. Yes, T's & C's are changing and pay is being reduced but they are elsewhere too.

I'll repeat it again actually, we're happy in our jobs at Ryanair.

We, as Ryanair pilots, have a very secure job. Sorry, I meant HAD a very secure job, until BALPA came along. Now there's no command upgrades for FO's. Now there's a base freeze. Brilliant.

MOL has said all along that even if this goes through he wont do anything BALPA want and he doesn't have to, all he has to do is listen. He'll listen to them say "please re-open stansted, luton, east midlands, bristol......." "any chance you could give the pilots back 5/4 they really liked that"

So what am I going to do as a Ryanair pilot? I'm going to vote no and hope that BALPA don't get in. Then I'm going to hope that they reverse the base freeze and command upgrade decisions.

Still no-one has commented to say how BALPA are going to change my life for the better and as far as I can see they wont.

Our Chief Exec. is an arsehole but I believe it when he makes threats. He has proven time and time again that he will cut off his nose to spite his face and if that means closing down UK bases and putting us all on 5/2 then I believe he'll do that.

If you think that Ryanair pilots are just being fat and dumb that's fine, but I can assure that happy should be added to that list. Just stop trying to get involved.

P.S. Captain J*** L***** and Terry - if you want to have a playground fight feel free to do so, just don't do it in my effing inbox.