PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ScACC+MACC = 'Scottish Control'
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 20:17
Ceannairceach
Disappointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See the thing the company has never dealt with properly, perhaps understandably so considering the relative distances involved, is the whole it's not ScACC and it's not MACC anymore - it is a new unit called PC thing.

And this announcement is likely to add fire to the grumbling but still burning embers of both sides.

My Scottish colleagues, who already resent the amount of changes to their MOPS brought in as a result of the impending 2 centre policy, will see it as some sort of justice and a case of quite right too (despite the fact that technically they're moving unit too - PC is not ScOACC despite what yo/your gps might thing!) and my Manchester colleagues who already resent the 200 odd miles up the motorway they're having to shift their lives, amongst other things, will resent it even moreso now, rightly or wrongly.

I think some sort of middle ground when it came to something as simple as our moniker would have helped, especially when the company went out of it's way to poll opinion and have numerous meetings et al to discuss this very thing. I chucked Northern Control or the like into the pot, or Scotchester. Both rubbish of course.

But, ultimately, as Prestwick is indeed in Scotland, Scottish is the natural choice for the easy life brigade.

Personally, I couldn't care less. It's something we say on the radio. Not the be all and end all and hardly important considering the other issues at play.

I would say however that childishly gloating and perpetuating the "our unit is better than yours" nonsense in any form of seriousness won't help anyone....

Now, where's my St. George Cross T-Shirt and mug combo.....