PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 20:10
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FreeBird and whatdoesthisbuttondo,

I am just a No1 and i can assure you that i wouldn't go to any management positions even if they were offered to me on a silver plate; the only time i get to be a "manager" is when i operate and i'm "managing" my crew.

I said it before that a) i have every right to post here as i too work for FR and i believe that BALPA will do nothing but jeopardize my job and b) i am not being "advised" by anyone, these are my opinions and, i'm sorry to come out of my "ladylike" zone, but opinions are like a$$holes: everyone has one. Is it that hard to believe that a tiny CC who knows she's just a number on the payroll has actually the "balls" to voice over her beliefs?

Isn't that a bit selfish gentlemen, it's all "pilots pilots pilots" and with all due respect you obviously have more training and more responsabilities, but how about the 150 odd CC in my base when the base closes, how about the engineers and so on?

The sensibile folks know exactly what MOL will do should the recognition go through, people have said it time and time again, and there will be NOTHING BALPA can do about it. It's going to happen based on a "commercial decision" and the BALPA buggers will sit back and pocket the (your!) membership money.

what makes you think that RYR would have a problem to close a base with or without balpa?
VLC had a very good performance as a base, yet MOL closed it after a tiff with the apt authorities. Don't you think the same will happen with the UK bases as i would class what's going on between BALPA and FR management a pure tiff??

Frankly gentlemen, your arrogance is astonishing. You want the Fairy BALPA to (maybe, depending on which side of the bed they got out that morning) back you up at the cost of everyone else losing their jobs. Nice one!

Are you going to work at your current rate until you are 55-60? When you retire what pension will you get? What job protection do you have? What happens if your base closes, if your company want to relocate you, what package will you get? What private health , staff travel arrangements do you get? What happens if you get ill and are off long term?
I'll cross that bridge when i come to it but thank you for your concern. i might decide next year that i want to be a housewife, who knows, but for the time being i'd like to stay where i am. If the base closes, it will only be because of the "unionasation".
I have a private pension fund that will see me through the years when i'm old and wrinkly. I have private healthcare which isn't cheap, but at least it's always there when i need it, unlike NHS waiting rooms where you'll be seen by someone 4 hrs later after you arrived.

If my opinion and "thoughts on FR" upset you then i apologize, but i won't stop posting because
I really don't think you should be part of this discussion
. Is it because i'm telling the truth?