PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 15:42
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheBeak

You seem a little bitter and twisted. Has CTC rejected you in the past? You seem to really have it in for CTC and it appears to be your personal mission to stop as many people as possible going there.
Hmmmm I don't know where you have that from?

For example I said:

It's not just CTC, it's all the Integrated FTOs.
And have said the same throughout.

And to say I am bitter and twisted? That's a bit strong. Someone doesn't really understand the words they are using......

I could by the same token say that you seem to have taken it all a bit too personally, you aren't a stake holder are you?

1, having been the safety pilot for a brand new CTC Cadet on the 737 I can tell you that he was fantastic and I've heard similar stories from other pilots so I do believe that their training is very good.
If you have only been safety pilot for ONE then you can hardly judge their output can you. I am really impressed that you were a safety pilot though so well done for getting that in. And besides I don't sispute they are probably VERY good at training pilots, as shown before by:

I am sure their training is as good as any and perhaps better.
What you are suffering from is a serious perception issue. As I said you seem to take it all too personally.

Northern Rock, RBS, AIG et cetera were all fantastic, successful companies that all thought they couldn't go wrong, they kept on pushing their product and being risky. So your point about their past is largely irrelevant as pointed out very nicely by GBB.

I have always said I do not know the detailed ins and outs of CTC but I don't like marketing in the wrong way. All FTOs are very guilty of it. YES they should sell their ''training solution over another companies like OAA and FTE but NO they should not sell (force) the timing or be selective about the facts. No FTO should be, but they all are. Be under no illusion, there is NO PILOT SHORTAGE ANYWHERE nor will there be for a good few years. Take it or leave it.

If you are hell bent on doing pilot training via the integrated route then CTC should certainly be one of your top contenders. Happy now Sky Wave?