PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - White Waltham
Thread: White Waltham
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 15:15
Dawdler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two years ago I visited Aero Expo at Wycombe via car as our aircraft was U/S. On the way back south we decided it would be a good place to visit for lunch on a wonderful sunny day. I was accosted by the membership checkers and made to feel very second class .

You always get'em, the little men with lots of power. Some years ago, I turned up at the gates of a private club (A boat club in this case). I was refused entry by the harbourmaster, who, had he bothered to read his mail, would have learnt that I was actually doing the club a favour, by donating some equipment for which they had a need. My protestation that my visit had been authorised by the committee fell on deaf ears and he stood his ground.

I could not physically turn my vehicle around in the space available. So I stood my ground. Impasse!

Luckily the Chairman turned up and let me in and I understand later "had a word" with the harbourmaster about reading his daily orders. I later joined the club and spent many years on the committee.

DLTBGYD

D.