PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 14:31
iannem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just spent the last few days reading through the entirety of this topic, feels weird stopping now I can tell you, and have found lots of useful information about the recruitment process, and certainly a load of my questions have been already answered.

A friend of mine last year started on the NATS DEG scheme and encouraged me to join as a trainee ATCO. I went for the stage 1 back in December however with only 4 days preparation (of which I was working my current job) I unfortunately didn’t succeed.

Upon finding out I wasn’t successful I contacted NATS HR with the hope on finding out if I had totally failed and might as well give up (aptitude (the cubes J ) is after all something you either you have or you don’t), or if it was just the motivation paper (I knew I hadn’t fared to well on it).

I have to admit I was expecting an interview and a few tests, not solid tests and hoped that I could emphasize the fact I had little time to prepare for the day.

They advised me that I had successfully passed both the spatial awareness and diagrammatical tests, data checking could have been a little faster (I skipped a question and had to go back K ) however I had done really, really badly on the motivation paper.

Now I am entering aviation interest for the first time. I know little about how it works; aircraft types, rules / regulations etc. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any useful information resources (be it books, websites, articles etc) that would act as an introduction to the airline industry, as a whole.

I have been going through the various resources aforementioned and a few books I have purchased with aptitude tests but now I’m looking for information not only from an ATC perspective but something like an overview of the industry as a whole exists.

Thanks for taking your time to read through my post.

Ian

ps. Sorry about the font. I write all my posts in Word so I can spell check them and copy and paste.