PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yemeni airliner down?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 13:50
ilndflyers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally

Re Xengue post

That is by far the most intillegent guesstimate I have seen. Missed approach, Copilot giving visual cues with Capt looking over his shoulder,maybe in CWS, Getting the s^&t beat out of them,very strong tailwind on downwind leg (hence the far distance from touchdown), darkness. Not a good scenerio. My guess is they stalled due to improper configuration while hand flown. I dont think anyone was navigating with instruments. We will know the truth soon enough if they are able to read the data from the recorders.
Nothing to do with which airline is banned from which country etc. etc. An accident is an accident and its importance is not based on whose citizens are on board or where they were allowed to fly.. Unfortunately, economics dictate safety and smaller less funded airlines are more prone to dubious mtx and operational practices, though I dont think that is the case in this accident. I have flown for African carriers which were more compliant then those that I flew for in the States. Generally it is usually the Civil Avaition of the member countries which are sanctioned.
My condolences go out to the families and loved ones affected by this tragedy.