PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Oakley fatal accident
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 13:48
Phil Space

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRL...

It would have been more polite if you had pm'd me instead of having a go here.

Phil Space. Whenever there is an incident you are there with all the details mate. Today you named the pilot who died a few days ago and his name was not in the public domian, big no-no mate.

I see above you have Googled the details for this one, is that all you do sit around waiting for something to happen so you 'can be the first' with the details........
Perhaps you can let me know who I named that was not in the public domain?

I don't sit around waiting for something to happen but as a broadcast journalist of 35 years experience yes I am on top of what is happening and often being paid for it.The rule (or protocol) with any fatal accident is that once next of kin are informed then it is ok to reveal the details.

Journalists are often privy to information they sit on but at what point do you suggest the details come out? I suspect I have hit a nerve here involving someone you know.

My name on here pretty much reveals what I do for a living

If the rule on pprune is that we do not comment on any accident then fair enough I will post elsewhere.

I hope you apply the rule to everyone

As someone who has flown little aeroplanes across the world over three decades please feel free to say whatever you want if I pile in one day