PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: Qatar/Oman refuse new funds & New CEO
Old 22nd May 2002, 17:23
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe AA let EaH down badly and that everyone AA brought in let him (AA) down also.
Trouble is of course no-one is 'man' enough to admit it and take the necessary corrective action; otherwise they would be admiting their own errors of judgment etc. which of course simply does not happen here. Shame really. And of course EaH also let himself down badly, he did not exactly practice what he preached.
Another moment in time I am sure he would have survived, but right now GF needs people at the top who can make good sensible business decisions and leave family and freinds out of it. We still do not have that today, the question is 'Will we have that tomorrow?'; if we do not, then I am quite sure there will be a new thread on this site by this time next year entitled -

GF: Remember them?!

PS - Nice we have finally agreed on something!

Oh the nice young coloured chap a few paragraphs up: Sabre and BD predominantly, highly qualified, incredibly stupid. He got away with it for so long for the reason above, his direct report would not admit his error of judgement and let it carry on, to the tune of over BD0.5M per annum in DBC!! and probably 10 times that in loss of faith from customers!

It really is that hard for these people to swallow such a bitter pill!

Last edited by Icarus; 22nd May 2002 at 17:36.