PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 13:16
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yourvoteyourchoice,

If you read the name of the thread, Ryanair thoughts, you will then realize that i have every right to get involved and have my say as
a) I too work for FR

b) The BALPA involvment (if any) within the company's managerial decisions WILL affect MY (and not only mine, there's the engineers, the ground staff, the pregnant ladies on ground duties) job (and career) too, in so many ways i dread to even think about.

As for the food, now where did you get that info, your fella,
If my partner works or doesn't work for FR is completely irrelevant and with all due respect, none of your business. It might come as a surprise to you but i am capable enough to do my own research, make an opinion and state it as I see it fit.

It is not for you to decide the careers of other pilots
Please enlighten me, where have i made a statement that made you believe that? Of my only 3 posts on this thread, one contained a CC's view on the BALPA matter and how it will affect the CC's jobs/career, one was simply asking a question with regards to the so called BALPA "expenses" after a quick research on it's website and reading the BALPA Year End Accounts 2007 (which is a public document) and this post which is a reply to yours.

It is for each pilot to weigh up the facts and make their own judgement, and then decide in their own career interest
Indeed it is. However, IMHO, that statement is a tad arrogant. What i read between the lines is that pilots should put career first before families, loved ones, friends and so on. With the help of BALPA, of course.

Have you got a family Mr. yourvoteyourchoice? Kids? How would you feel not having the chance to tuck them into bed every night when you're on earlies and take them to school when you're on lates? Because that's what is going to happen if BALPA gets its way; people have said this time and time again: MOL will close the UK bases, relocate a/c's and transfer crews all over Europe. Result? Lives ruined because of BALPA's greediness...

And Mr. yourvoteyourchoice, as long as i still work for FR and have a career with them, i will always have my opinion on work related issues. And i will always state it, either you like it or not. Free speech and all that...