PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 08:07
Aldente

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding Captain *******'s memo to pilots,

A handful of BALPA members could therefore force their opinions and beliefs on the majority of us: that is not, I submit, democratic”.
As I've said before, simply replace "BALPA" with "ERC" and then read the above statement again.

See what I mean ? (Unpaid leave, changes to the A/L system)

People are saying NOW is not the time. If the vote is negative and BALPA are locked out for another 3 years, what do you think is going to happen in the meantime ?

BALPA want's secure long term employment for it's members, the current campaign is about "Dignity and Respect" and trying to ensure that the pilots in Ryanair are represented by a voice that's heard and genuinely represents the views and wishes of the pilots. They realise that times are tough within the aviation industry and I have seen nothing in any communication that states they are going to seek an immediate pay rise upon election.

The current ERC system does not work !!! Whilst there are some individuals at some bases trying to do a good job on behalf of the pilots, many are not and I would even go so far as to say some are corrupt.

A Captain at an non UK base, is currently facing disciplinary action and embroiled in a court action with the company (for the second time in his career) for the simple act of trying to organise a replacement ballot for the ERC members at his base !

Is this "democratic" ? I think not ! We are not living in some banana republic !!!

Over to you Slim .........

Last edited by Aldente; 1st Jul 2009 at 08:29.