PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Sikorsky Attempting to Inhibit Others from Developing Electric Rotorcraft?
Old 1st Jul 2009, 02:22
Dave_Jackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NonSAC,

Thank you again for your valued information.

I have been unable, with my limited ability, to find earlier patents that would negate some of the claims on this application. Perhaps this is a 'positive' for those that would wish to use these ideas.

At the present time I am trying to utilize your information, and relevant information from the US Patent Office web site, plus obtain printed material on pre-existing usage or pre-existing dissemination of the claimed ideas. From a practical perspective, it looks like all the claims can be challenged, however from the legal perspective things might be quite different.

To any and all; a favor is asked.

IMHO, assuming the improvements in electric storage are exponential and the broad claims in this application are allowed to become parts of a patent, this seemingly innocuous patent application will place significant restrictions on the abilities of other VTOL manufactures to compete in the future.

Are there readers of this thread who work for, or know an employee in one of these companies? If so, would you try to have that company's Advanced Concepts Manager be aware of this specific patent application US 20090140095 ~ Electric Powered Rotary-Wing Craft so that they have the opportunity to evaluate and perhaps defended their company's future.

For me, the pursuit of new electric VTOL concepts is a hobby. For actual manufactures this may be a serious concern.

Dave

Last edited by Dave_Jackson; 1st Jul 2009 at 02:33.