PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 20:47
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
bast0n:
Maybe - just maybe some people having reviewed all the evidence
All the evidence, bast0n? Not sure how anyone has managed that miracle, unless of course you mean the recorded evidence. The elephant in this room is the unrecorded evidence and the uncalled witnesses to the Chinook Mk2's lack of airworthiness by the BoI. That of course follows a well trodden path by BoI's. 10 people die because an RAF Tactical Transport can be brought down by a single round into a fuel tank, the RAF declares itself "unaware" of repeated calls for ESF to be fitted for decades. It takes a media campaign and a coalition of NoK's and members on PPRuNe to finally make Tactical Transports fit for use in the Tactical environment. 14 people die and it takes a coroner to tell the RAF that the Nimrod is unairworthy and should be grounded until made airworthy, rather than the BoI coming to the same conclusion. Of course the greatest RAF tragedy of them all is this one. 29 people die in an aircraft type that is patently unairworthy. The BoI scarcely considers the issue and the RAF finds the cause of this accident to be the Gross Negligence of the pilots. Does it not occur to you that if BA were its own Airworthiness Authority and its own Accident Investigator that BA crews would be not only working for nothing but also the principal "reason" for its accidents? There would of course be an outcry if the CAA were to ever pull such a stunt (and not disrespecting BA here, I'm sure they would be just as horrified at such an arrangement). Yet this is essentially the arrangement under which UK Military Airworthiness is supposedly assured and maintained. Worked well enough in my days, it was properly funded and respected. I suggest that neither is the case now and this very discredited self regulating system must be changed. To avoid future avoidable accidents and to avoid future needless loss of life a separate and independent MAA must be formed along with an MAAIB to investigate the ones that it fails to avoid.

TN:
What I can't understand is why anyone would spend so much time defending the status quo, unless they have a vested interest?
Quite

Last edited by Chugalug2; 30th Jun 2009 at 21:02. Reason: words dear boy, words!