PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 17:19
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However I am a supporter of LIFO
Spoken like a real failure. LIFO, for those of our brethren not familiar with the term, means "last in, first out". It has a particular resonance over the pond where lumbering leviathan airlines that should have died off years ago, if not for the ludicrous provisions of Chapter 11, get rid of pilots now surplus to requirements on a presumed seniority system. No matter that pilots numbered 100 thru(sic) 150 are terrific operators and very productive with great attitudes, they will be got rid of before pilots numbered 50 thru(sic) 100 with stale, non co-operative attitudes, failed commands and poisoned dispositions. These older ones will stay, and the younger ones will go. That is what LIFO means.

Perhaps our Florida Freebird needs a geography lesson, but we're not (thank God) in the United States, and different rules apply here. The most important of them is that there IS no Chapter 11, companies need to make money in order to survive, as strange as that must surely sound to you, and at Ryanair we are hiring pilots, officially now the only Major on earth to be doing so, (except for the Luton branch of the Sicilian mob) and we have our attention on growth and success, not downside and failure. A subtle though important difference, as I'm sure you'd agree were you to reacquaint yourself with a lucid moment.

Let me remind you of Her Honour Judge Joan H. Lefkow's recent injuction against your American ALPA and it's filthy tricks campaign against the already moribund United Airlines. So stupidly blinkered are you and those like you, Freebird1106, you haven't even got the guts or strength of character to desert a sinking ship. Evidently, you'd rather stay onboard all the way to the bottom.

You must be so very proud.

NO BLAPA AT RYANAIR.