PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 15:33
One9iner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beak.

Once again, a hugely presumptuous response.

Am I young? No. 26. Not old. but not a spotty teenager
Do I have more than one family member who has been through the CTC ATP mill? Yes
Am I weighing up my options, and researching all possible routed to license? Yes
Do I need a lecture from you about how ‘I’m in for a big shock’? No

Should I take what you say with a pinch of salt? Yes, more like a wheelbarrow load!!

Zippy,
There wasn't any of the "this is a great time to begin training" rubbish that I've heard from other FTO's desperate for your cash.

After a number of 'workshops' and a presentation by the guy who heads the Wings programme, (is it Tim? His name has escaped me at the moment) I approached him and asked a few questions;

Q. How large is the holding pool and at what rate is it growing.
A. Holding pool is around 70 or 80 at present but growing. Things aren't ideal.

Q. What is the situation surrounding the Easyjet flexi contract guys? After 6 months do they return to the holding pool, if so how long will you allow people to remain in the pool, without employment for until you turn your back on them?
A. They will return to the pool, we have not turned our back on anyone, and are not planning on doing so. You are an extremely valuable asset to us.

Q.What are you hearing from the market in terms of employment, who's hiring, who's looking to begin hiring in the next 2 years etc..?
A. BA we think are looking to begin hiring around April 2011. But not on any major volume.

Please note, I have not been through the CTC system, yet, and therefore know a lot less than the guys who have, and what I have written here is simply what was said.

Please also understand I am not planning on beginning training without any back up plan to pay back the bond if employment can't be found straight after completion. I'm also not planning on relying on 'Mummy and Daddy's' home to borrow against. I have my own property to gamble with