PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330 accident
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 15:22
Svarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Dani and PK-KAR,

please humor my insistence on this point : we need to seriously evaluate the difference between NAV ADR DISAGREE and F/CTL ADR DISAGREE.

From various documents I have read (and believe me, I have read quite a lot in a month, and I need to stop else I won't pass my medical because of eyesight), all instances of speed indication failures in the known incidents I could put my hands on were of the following nature : a quick determination of a F/CTL ADR DISAGREE. This failure is well documented, have a look at eurocockpit.

On the AF447, we have a slow-in-coming NAV ADR DISAGREE.

It might be minor, but I doubt it. AB shows pretty consistent wording throughout their 'namespace'. Since we are oriented towards a similarity between previous incidents and this dreadful crash, we might miss the exact difference which spelled death for so many people. I think we should try to find these differences, and surely some of them are inside the aircraft computations. This NAV / FCTL discrepancy definitely looks like one.

Of course, it 'very likely' means that the system which slaps the ADRs out is different in the instances. However, it also means that the overall reaction of various systems throughout the aircraft will be different on the AF447.

How different ?