PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330 accident
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 13:43
Svarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To PK-KAR

Nice to 'meet' you PK

I will try to elaborate some constructive criticism. I am aware that it might bump into some serious hard work, please take it as I intend it to be, positive thinking to improve general knowledge.

Starting from your work, which I take is based upon the famous maintenance messages, two things strike me :

is the 34-11-15 fault to be taken as all 3 probes failed together, or as n°1 heating failed ? Finally, how many probes are deemed failed as we can deduce from this message ?

The devil hides in the details :

in the second message, 0210Z 27-93-34-0, I would like your thoughts on the tiny detail here : ADIRU1 BUS ADR1-2 TO FCPC2
Is the translation "ADR 1 & 2 no signal to FCPC2" correct ? Could it be instead that this BUS ADR1-2 TO FCPC2 refers to the part that connects ADR1 to n°2 parts of the system, here FCPC2 ? Wouldn't a dual ADR failure be named ADR1+2 instead ?

This hypothesis from the fact that ADRs are connected crossways to various parts of the system, and not only n°1 parts. And the fact that multiple failures are usually labelled with a + sign.

Best regards.