PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway behind you - a way to save time?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 13:23
JazzyKex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slip and turn...how much of this thread are you reading and just how much are you understanding?

I also know that once I am approaching flying speeds in something weighing 60+ tonnes and which normally uses most of 3000 feet or so to land and stop reasonably, that I'd rather have that and more available just prior to V1 than something only half as convenient.

You know what?

Why would you rather have something more available than the performance calculations require?

Apparently now you have moved on from:

Part-trained/studied, but not earning my living in aviation.
to:

I also know that once I am approaching flying speeds in something weighing 60+ tonnes
That was a quick change, without actually learning anything more about the situation you first described!

the rotation point was much further down the runway than is usual and a couple of seconds or 3 earlier just before V1,
The rotation point was a couple of seconds BEFORE V1?????

You really need to read some more about aircraft performance!

the picture of the end of the runway arriving would not have been much improved.
Why on earth do you care about the picture of the end of the runway? This is not a Cessna 150 you were traveling in! Unless that picture involves a truck driving out in front of you it does NOT matter. The calculations will tell you if with the associated power and flap settings you can achieve the performance requirements for a Perf A airacrft on that runway from that intersection, NOT your perception from row 30 of how much runway is left.

I'd be interested in some Performance calculations if anyone has the will. Let's be conservative: if anyone is feeling kind enough to provide some numbers to chew on, then what might they be for say 60 tonnes, NIL wind, temperature 15 degrees, and let's say sea level with 1022hPa? Runway dry of course. Qualify it with your packs and any other niceties. Anyone?
I'd be interested too, but without an aircraft type and an airfield I think you'll find it pretty hard to get any!

Please Slip and Turn if you genuinely are training to be involved in flying aircraft take a very long hard look at the tripe you are writing, go and have a look at some threads or books about aircraft performance and see if you think it is appropriate to re-write some of your posts!

Jazzy

Last edited by JazzyKex; 30th Jun 2009 at 13:44.