PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330 accident
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 12:03
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have noticed that two pilots who regularly post sane comment about this issue have done a lot of work to try and figure out what may have happened.

One poster (Mandala499) who is probably the most sane guy there, has done a good job of trying to figure out the timeline of the ACARS messages and re-order them according to their respective time stamps.
Me, (aka Mandala499) am not a pilot (although some have refused to believe it *sigh*) . I just have a "deep interest" in the accident... but hundreds of pages of printouts etc, and that list, amongst with my other partner in crime there, still has a LOOOONG way to go...

I didn't get involved in the other AF447 topic because despite the heavy moderation, it appeared to be going in circles most of the time... and missed the one here.

That list still needs revision... it's been revised hundreds of times already.

I do need help on those just to see what happened based on the ACARS (to the limit of what the ACARS can give). How I think (personal theory) the plane went up to 0210 is on the works too but I keep coming back to the ACARS... although I need to match it up with the last position and where it was in terms of the weather (which sadly, indicates they made it (or almost) out of the weather, only to be hit by something such as icing). This doesn't rule out the occurence of intermitten errors/failures which would not have been picked out by the CMC... but that would be guessing too much. So pardon the inaccuracy if you find one, and help improve it.

I still need to know the details of 2CE2, and 22FN-10FC... (the part coding convention does give clues, but not much)
I find it interesting that Pitot 1 PHC came up, but ADR2 data downstream of the PHC2, failed.

As to difference between F/CTL ADR DISAGREE and NAV ADR DISAGREE??? No answer for the moment... it's equally baffling. However, it seems that the FCOMs I read have NAV ADR DISAGREE but not F/CTL DISAGREE. It might have something to do on where/how the disgreement happened... I was hoping that you guys over here can help.